Here are a few pictures from my lion fabric collage quilt. For this collage I wanted to try something a bit different. I wanted to see if I could only use a jelly roll pack for the fabrics, I had a lot of reasons for wanting to try. I also wanted to try and make my pieces of fabric bigger on this one. It was definitely a learning experience.
Here are my fabrics:
The fabrics are done.
And a big jump to the finished quilt. I tested a few fabrics for the background, but didn’t really like most of them. I found this green batik that has little leaves on it, it works enough to call it good. I added a border of the fabrics I used because it needed something extra.
A close up of the face and the stitching.
I’m realizing I don’t have a good picture of the quilt finished and hanging, so I’ll come back and add one in here soon!
Overall this was an interesting experiment and I enjoyed trying a slightly different method. That being said, I really think I like smaller pieces for my fabrics, and I’m not sure I’d limit myself to one group of fabrics again. I found that this set really lacked the variety of shades I was craving. Sometimes learning what you don’t want to do is just as important as what you DO want to do in the future.
Happy Quilting! ~Jessica